Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Future Astronaut

Elizabeth wasn't feeling so well so her father and I took Isabella to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum out in Chantilly, VA.
 This is a picture of the mock control tower. It's especially cool when planes are taking off and landing on the south runway at Dulles.
 Apparently the amazing view did not impress her as much as running around the open space. It was a beautiful day and the place was practically empty.
 This is one of the few times that I caught Isabella on camera where she is not lifting up her shirt and showing the world her belly.
  
 This is a picture of the real control tower at Dulles Airport.
 She didn't seem phased by the heights at all.
 This is the SR-71 Blackbird (I am sure that all of you Izzy followers are really interested in the planes).
 P-40 Kittyhawk WWII fighter.
 Isabella was drawn to the Space Shuttle Discovery.
 Apparently she wants to be an astronaut.
 The Concorde and lots of other planes.
 The F4U Corsair.
 Isabella got two presents from the gift shop. At first she wanted a space monkey but then she dumped the monkey in favor of a toy space shuttle which she LOVED!
 What was the second present you ask? Astronaut freeze dried ice cream!!!! She really enjoyed it and I did as well :). In fact, I think I will have a little more right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment