Grandma bought the tiniest ice cream cones for the girls and made them strawberry frozen yogurt. It was a hit.
Checking out the sprinkler with Grandpa.
Her usual water fun is collecting water in the bucket and them dumping it out in various places.
Grandpa showing Isabella how to run through the sprinkler.
We visited a botanical gardens (Powell Gardens) to see their Lego exhibits. They had a place with all different sizes of legos to play with. In the air conditioning-- which was important on this particular day.
We went with my dear friend Staci, from high school, and her daughter Ryleigh. Ryleigh is a year older than Isabella and I think they both enjoyed each others company. I like how they are checking out this Lego lawnmower. I wish I knew what they were saying to each other about it.
Here we are with Staci and Ryleigh.
Can you find the girls? They enjoyed chasing each other.
Here they are.
And a fountain to play in of course!
The next day Isabella asked to play tennis. She heard Dad was playing and we'd also been watching Wimbeldon-- so we took her to play tennis. She liked to run around. But it's a start.
Another day we went up to KC to meet up with a college friend and her two girls. We visited a Curious George hands-on exhibit and went to the art and craft place Kaleidoscope. She's still a little too young for it, but I enjoyed it!
When we got home, Grandma wanted the girls to make chocolate cream pies with her. It was interesting to say the least.
Isabella also got to spend quite a bit of time playing with her cousin Lexi. She LOVED it! They had a great time together.
Here are a couple of pictures we got before we left. These two are too cute. I wish we lived closer so they could spend more time together.
We had a very relaxing and wonderful time visiting family. I wish I had more pictures, but I guess that's just a testament to the fact that I was relaxed and enjoying myself instead of taking pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment