Friday, August 9, 2013

Big Girl Room

For the last couple of weeks we've been working on transforming our guest bedroom into Isabella's Big Girl Room. To make the transition easier, we included her in the decisions and execution. She picked out the paint color and helped Dad paint. She also picked out the sheets and some of the decorations. Last night was the BIG night. We took the crib down yesterday, and let her watch (which ultimately I think made a HUGE difference). We tried not to make too big a deal out of it, with a regular bedtime routine. She cried for less than 5 minutes, then called for me for awhile, but fell asleep on her own, without us having to go in again at all. I was so proud! I feel like my little baby is quickly slipping through my fingers. It is sad, but also very exciting to see her blossom. Sorry to be so mushy--it's probably my lack of sleep. While she slept great all night-- I was awake worrying about her possibly falling out of bed, or waking up disorientated in the middle of the night. Neither happened. As usual, my worry for nothing. Hopefully nap time and tonight will go just as well!

 Found this dresser at a garage sale recently and Erik painted it white to match her room. I also found two cute flower stools that I couldn't pass up.



No comments:

Post a Comment